5 Reasons Why Live Chat is Important for Your Business Website
You don’t have to be a marketing expert to know that quality customer service plays a crucial role in business. Your customers are the ones who spread the word about you and help grow your customer base.
Many e-commerce websites have been adding live chat support to their help desk software in order to provide real-time answers instead of letting customers leave their website. Real-time chat with customer support experts can not only build customer confidence in the shopping process, but also help you increase your conversion rate. According to a survey of online consumers in the United States, 68% of people engage in real-time chat, while 63% prefer to return to websites with real-time chat functions to make repeated purchases.
First of all advantages, that live chat has to offer is its convenience for customers. A Forrester research found the following:
44 % of online consumers say that having questions answered by a live agent while in the middle of an online purchase is one of the most important features a website can offer.
There are two types of customers who need help and use live chat to get it. The first are potential buyers, and these are the most common situations in which potential online customers use live chat:
- Want to know more about product specifications
- Having trouble finding specific item on a given website
- Want to compare products
These scenarios enormously influence purchase decisions. In fact, more than 38% of online customers made their purchase decision due to a live chat session. Remember, that chat agents play a huge role and if they are properly trained, they can easily generate more sales.
The second group of live chat users are your current customers. The most common reasons why they use live chat are:
- Want to know the status of their order
- Want to ask about “Return policies“
- Want to report bugs or suggest improvements in your service
Here are 5 reasons why live chat software is beneficial for a business today:
1. Real Time Convenience to Customers
Another nice perk of live chat is that you can get nearly instant feedback or notifications when there’s a wide-scale customer-facing problem. For instance, if you run a SaaS business, and anything goes wrong, live chat gives you an immediate view of the issue from your customers‘ perspective.
2. Live Chat Saves Money
Live Chat is cost efficient because of these 3 main reasons:
- Improve efficiency by allowing live chat agents to handle multiple chats at the same time, so you don’t need to hire more agents. Intelligent real-time chat software such as LiveAgent allows multiple options for chat distribution and use.
- It can increase the average order value because customers can get real-time suggestions and answers to any questions they may encounter. The live chat representative can help you choose the most suitable product or service for the customer, thus saving the cost of “product return”, so he or she will be satisfied with it without the need to return the product.
- Compared with the call center, it reduces the waiting queue time, thereby reducing the overall cost of the service desk center.
The implementation of live chat service is a few minutes of work. LiveAgent Live Chat has a bunch of integrations ready for the most widely used ecommerce and content management systems, thus you don’t even need any HTML skills to implement live chat on your website. Additionally, LiveAgent provides full integration service to its customers, free of cost.
3. Get Competitive Advantage
Nowadays, it has never been more important to stand out from competitors. The number of commercial competitors is huge and is increasing every day. Not only do small and medium-sized companies recognize the importance of providing real-time customer service, but companies such as Apple, SKY, and Virgin Airlines are using real-time chat to stay ahead of their competitors.
4. Increase Conversions and Sales
Having a real person walk you through a purchase adds confidence and customers tend to spend more than the ones who don’t use live chat. A positive experience leads to a higher average order value, thus your sales are directly affected by live chat.
Multiple studies have proven that livechat can bring a 20%+ increase in conversion rates. After implementing Live Chat on our website, Post Affiliate Pro’s conversion rate has increased by 23%.
Another success story of a company implementing the LiveChat function is Wells Fargo. They are pioneers in real-time customer support and started their first real-time chat in 2002. This attempt was unsuccessful, but they restarted online chat support in 2008, and the conversion rate achieved double-digit growth.
The key to successful conversion (through live chat) is proper training of your representatives. Provide them with insight into your product so they can recommend other purchases that might be best for that particular customer. Provide them with discount coupons that they can offer to customers who are still hesitant to buy.
5. Build long-term relationships
Statistically, satisfied long-term customers are less likely to switch. As an added benefit, they tend to be less price sensitive. Experts say that customers who are being looked after do not have to worry about the expenses they pay.
63% of customers who use online chat tend to return instead of not using it. Research shows that ordinary customers tend to buy more goods, and because they are familiar with your business and the processes behind it, maintenance costs are lower.
When customers feel their voice is heard and they chat with a person behind the company, it’s more likely that they’ll have a stronger connection to your business and share their positive experience.
Here are some bonus tips when starting to use live chat:
- Make sure you have at least one operator that will be available for the majority of the working day. This is because if your live chat is more offline than online, it might have a negative influence.
- Train your team. Make sure that your chat agents have enough knowledge to answer customers‘ queries. It will boost your conversion rates and increase sales.
- Playing the human card, the whole point of having live chat is bringing human help to the customer’s shopping experience. Providing robotic responses can kill the effectiveness of live chat.
- Learn from your customers. Analyze and track the most common issues which customers face.
- Track the performance of your agents. LiveAgent easily analyzes performance of your customer service representatives. Advanced features allow you to directly track whether a purchase was made after or while chatting with a rep., how many chats did the rep answer during work hours and many more.
- Pay attention to word choice. When using written communication channels, the words we choose can affect the way our message is understood. People who use live chat are typically not experts on the topic they are asking about, so loading a response with industry terms and jargon will only confuse them further.
- Engage customers to start chatting with you via chat invitations.
To test the live chat feature, click on the button in the bottom right corner and start chatting. Tell us what you like and where you see improvement possibilities, we love getting feedback from you.
But wait. Live Chat might not be enough.
Live chat software is undeniably an effective way to communicate with your customers. In most cases, communication doesn’t stop when a chat is over. It’s usually the very first interaction with a potential customer. Chances are, that after a chat, you will need to send a follow up email or hop on a quick call which would require use of additional tools or software. LiveAgent’s advantage is that not only it offers superior live chat functionality, it also includes full helpdesk and call center feature stack. That way, you can provide a true, high level, end to end customer experience over all communication channels.
Do you think you are ready to implement a chat button on your own website? Contact us now to develop a website in live chat!
Article source from : https://www.liveagent.com/