Templates VS Custom Websites
Have you decided to invest in a new website for your business? Once you decide to move on, there is still a question… Should I choose a custom website or a website template? Which road is best for my business? What’s the difference?
USING TEMPLATES website
The most common way to build a website is to build a WordPress website and apply templates purchased from ThemeForest, Template Monster or Elegant Themes. These sites provide a variety of different types of site templates available for purchase. Not all themes/templates can be 100% responsive.
There are also services like Wix or Squarespace, which also provide themes and allow you to edit within the framework of the website. These can help you build a website quickly and easily. However, there are restrictions on the options available for more complex functions, such as forms or e-commerce functions.
One thing to keep in mind is that templates and themes often have built-in features so that users can have greater customizability, but this will ultimately reduce the burden on the site in terms of loading speed and SEO performance. You will most likely have to endure features, designs, and functions that are not necessarily suitable for your brand or business. You can pay a web development company to fix it, but this is like asking a certified Ford mechanic to come and see your Toyota, because the website will most likely not be written in the same code format. And even if the developer does fix the website to your liking…Once there is an update to wordpress or the theme itself, your website will encounter some display problems because the developer has previously customized it.
PROS/CONS OF USING TEMPLATES
- Lots of other businesses can could be using the same template which means your site won’t stand out as much.
- You are limited on how much you can customize the site. What you see is what you get.
- May not 100% work on all devices
- Some templates are not built to be search engine friendly. They need to be customized to fit your business.
- Any custom or added technologies are not possible to be installed as templates run on a structured system.
- Templates are great for low budget. There is a cheaper upfront cost.
- Templates have a shorter development time.
- Template sites will mostly likely not have as good of a support system as a custom built site.
CUSTOM BUILT WEBSITES
Custom built websites involve a team behind your business. It starts with a creative process to understand who is your target audience, who do you want to reach, how you want/need the website to function and how do you want to look on the internet.
SEO plays an important role in the success of any website. There are some rules to follow when building a website, but not all themes can follow these rules. This is why a customized website is so much superior. Developers can optimize the website during the creation process to allow google and other search engines to read each page, thereby providing end users with more relevant search results, thereby providing a customized website Providing will naturally get a better ranking on the system. This is beyond the scope of keyword research.
Customizing a website usually takes longer than a theme, because all the content is under construction and meets the needs of a particular business. In the long run, this will save time, because building the site from scratch makes it easy to customize the site to ensure that your site does exactly what you want. The custom design makes your website responsive on all devices (e.g. mobile phones, tablets, laptops, etc.) and browsers.
PROS/CONS OF CUSTOM BUILT WEBSITES
- The website will have a completely unique design, which will be combined with the company’s brand and will be based on your business needs.
- A customized website can adapt to your company’s needs
- The website has been tested and works normally on all browsers.
- The site will be built to be search engine friendly.
- Customized websites are more expensive than templates.
- The process of creating a custom website takes longer than a template website.
- The site will grow with your business. If you know how you need your website to operate in the future, professional web developers will install technologies compatible with these ideas.
- If necessary, you can provide support for the company that builds your website.
Are you willing to take the time to figure out how to make your website perform well, or let professionals focus on doing business while taking care of your company’s online business.
Contact us for templetes and custom web development now!
Article source from : https://www.atilus.com/