Augmented reality is proven to be a top invention, providing new growth opportunities for companies all around the world. They are predicted to rise even faster this year, to 3.5 billion AR users. With the market projected to grow at a breakneck pace, offering AR experiences can provide you a competitive advantage in a variety of fields. With the advancement of technology, Augmented Reality App Development Services have become increasingly common.
What are the Newest AR Trends?
Table of Content:
1. Indoor & Outdoor NavigationIn 2022, AR navigation will be more fluid and accessible than in prior years. Wi-Fi RTT, Bluetooth Low Energy antennas, and ultra-wideband are some of the emerging technologies that will help make indoor navigation more realistic than ever before (UWB).
The most advantageous application of this technology is to show Augmented Reality (AR) directions in major interior sites like airports, distribution hubs, and shopping malls. Both businesses and consumers can use this technology. For example, a customer using AR interior navigation in a store could use this interface to find the product they’re looking for.
Workers in distribution facilities might also benefit from its advantages if given access to all regions where these technologies are available, making finding specific items easier than before. Employees at the store can see what they need in a matter of seconds thanks to augmented reality. They are not required to use their phones or risk being disoriented.
2. Enhanced Shopping ExperiencesFor shops wanting to make their storefronts more accessible and user-friendly, augmented reality is a valuable tool. On-screen guidance using augmented reality can take you through every nook and cranny of the store to discover what you need without having to navigate or search. To go to their destination, users merely need to hold their phones and follow the AR guidance via aisles.
3. Advancing Mobile Augmented RealityThe features of Mobile AR make it a focus point for the technology. Several users already have augmented reality-capable smartphones, which eliminate the need for a big and expensive headset. Furthermore, mobile devices are among the most portable and convenient to transport in any environment.
4. Remote AssistanceWith learning and support, augmented reality may greatly improve the User experience. The true question is how your company can compensate for context laws as a benefit of meeting in person. When video conferencing, you lose a whole context dimension and are reduced to a two-dimensional dialogue. Furthermore, it has a negative impact on jobs such as IT technical support, limiting IT specialists to merely giving recommendations.
5. Innovation In EducationThe pandemic had a significant impact on educational institutions, prompting an upsurge in innovation in this area. For example, the Wikitude team’s Ai.R-Cord software attempts to help elementary school pupils learn ideas via augmented reality, but this isn’t the only example.
6. AR is gradually shifting to industrial purposesThough most people are familiar with AR’s usage in gaming and other industries, not everyone is aware of its industrial applications. However, the reality is that augmented reality is increasingly being used in industrial applications (more than 60%), owing to high demand, particularly since the pandemic and distant work. As a result, finding an Augmented Reality App Development Company that matches your objectives is critical.
7. Healthcare and Augmented RealityWith the continuous restrictions associated with Covid-19, augmented reality solutions are becoming more crucial to solve concerns such the complexity of remote patient support and the additional burden on hospitals. This covers both telesurgery and mental health apps that aid patients in maintaining psychological equilibrium during these trying times.
8. Augmented Reality in Automotive IndustriesAR has had a significant impact on car safety and usefulness. Tesla Motors has showed the potential of augmented reality on the road. Although they haven’t used headsets as many may expect, they have used very equivalent technologies to make it possible.
Drivers may witness how the vehicle’s powerful suite of cameras regularly evaluate the environment around them using object identification and scene analysis now that the Full Self-Driving Beta is on the road and being used by numerous people. The findings of this strong technology may be viewed on the vehicle’s display, which shows the car’s position in space in relation to the numerous impediments in its path.
9. AR Glasses, Future or Fiction?The reputation of augmented reality glasses and headsets is intriguing. They haven’t quite made it to the mainstream yet, despite being widely regarded as the future of AR technology and having been tested and used in real-world applications. It’s been for corporate and business solutions that they’ve made a landing spot.
10. The Metaverse, Live Events, and Social UpheavalAlthough Facebook’s rebranding to Meta has taken the Internet by storm, the concept of the Metaverse and the upheaval of digital communication with extended reality space has been around for a while. The word first appeared in Neal Stephenson’s science fiction novel Snow Crash in 1992, maybe musing on what would happen if giant companies gained more influence over people’s life.
Need Assistance with an AR Project you have in mind? Join Us and find out why Digitalfren is the right choice for you.