Whatsapp, I think that you had heard about it before. A simple introduction about Whatsapp, a free messaging app that allows you to send messages, pictures, videos and voice recordings via the Internet that launched in 2009. It can be used for desktop, laptop and also smartphones.
The popularity of Whatsapp has risen rapidly, and it has more than 1.5 billion users. The relevance of its growth cannot be ignored for nowadays. AlthoughWhatsapp is very popular in personal use, it recently changed in rules by launching Whatsapp Business Account which gives marketers the opportunity to connect to a new generation in instant message platforms.
Most of the marketers think that building an audience on whatsapp is a challenge. However, when you already have your target audience or customer list with email addresses, contact numbers and other customer data and information, it is easy for you as you only need to find out whether they use Whatsapp. Another worry is maybe they don’t want to bother users by sending Whatsapp marketing messages directly to users. Marketers should be intelligent with timely and relevant messaging can help you reach them unhindered.
Whatsapp in Malaysia
80% of the total population is Internet users in Malaysia. Besides, It may not be surprising to know that Whatsapp is the most popular messaging app in Malaysia. It is also the second most popular social media overall which is the same with Facebook, 91% of the population using it.
The number of Whatsapp users is increasing from year to year. On the other hand, the ranking of monthly active users of Whatsapp is the highest in all mobiles apps. So, do you start thinking about the benefits it can bring for your business?
Reason to use Whatsapp for your business
1# Better understand customers
Whatsapp business massaging enables marketers or businesses to collect and analyze valuable consumer research. Its allow marketers to :
- • Ask direct questions to customers and evaluate preferences
- • Send quick surveys and polls to better understand the demands and wants of products and service levels etc.
- • Respond to personal queries in a more personal way
By letting users know that the business they interact with is not constrained by a single communication channel, and cherish the customer’s time, thereby increasing participation.
2# Faster response time for customer service
Whatsapp Business enables companies to provide faster customer services. After the customer chooses to join or respond, the marketers can contact the user directly by Whatsapp on the phone.
This is very useful and convenient for many industries and their specific customer needs. It is much easier to consider the need for responsive response such as product and delivery, booking confirmations, bank transactions. Being a fast communication medium, you can acces your customer anytime, anywhere.
Brands can also use automation by setting a “leave” message during a slow time when they cannot answer. In this way, customers will feel informed; they know when they can expect a response, and as a business, it provides an opportunity to satisfy customers.
3# Reach to every generation
Customers are more likely to connect and interact with brands that use their preferred platform. Although WhatsApp is mainly used by younger people, the application’s features make it available for use in a larger age range.
The company is struggling to attract the attention of customers, and companies that cannot keep up with the business face the risk of being eliminated. WhatsApp provides customers with an instant interactive platform that can interact with enterprises in real time.
Besides, not everyone likes to use phone calls especially most of the people might be busy in working hours or will not use phones during school hours. The use of chat function is essential to communicate with your target audience in every range of age. Having a business account on Whatsapp ensures that users can always access you and they can easily contact you back when they are free.
4# Communicate with creative ways
One-to-one interaction can help your business meet the unique interests and requirements of customers. This makes your message more relevant and true.
Besides, the tools in Whatsapp can be used to organize, automate and respond to messages or inquiries. The ideal way to attract customer attention is through different types of media. When sending messages, there are many options that enable businesses to send original and different types of content from videos and photos to PDFs, GIFs and voice recordings. A typical example is the function of QR codes. By adding one to the printed promotional materials, customers can easily scan it and exchange instant messages with enterprises directly through the WhatsApp platform.
5# Diverse feature set for different marketing needs
In addition to personalized messaging, WhatsApp also provides a series of functions for marketers to use.
- • Groups bring together like-minded people to share their views and opinions. With a maximum size of 256, you can bring the most valuable customers together to share product previews, early deals, etc. Make the group theme relevant to the user so that it can be found.
- • Broadcast is a function that can send a message to the customer by creating a broadcast list. This is a great way to increase brand and product awareness and share announcements.
- • Sharing links to your gallery, PDF or Docs document, video product demonstrations, audio files or methods to inform customers can help inform and attract audiences. You can also share your location and share contacts for customer service, meeting up and updates.
- • Labels can help you to segment your customer contacts. It allows marketers to name or contact numbers and filter their chats that can more quickly find them. The default labels that are available in Whatsapp Business are “New Customer”, “New order”, “Pending payment”, “Paid” and “Order complete”. However, you can customise your own labels as well.
- • Status can be used in many ways such as create short videos for product demonstrations and share customer experience. You can display images about product information, or use your status to attract customers or share updates in real time.
- • Video call / Voice Call can contact customers anywhere for discussion. If you are a B2B company, video call can be used for free demo and direct consultation.
6# A private and secure platform
Data misuse is no longer just a simple problem and concern. Customers will prefer to communicate and use a safe platform. WhatsApp is a safe choice because it has established itself as a trusted platform for encrypting messages and not sharing information with third parties. Unlike other applications, it has no ads, which means that customers treat it as a safe and private place and can communicate regularly.
Whatsapp Business requires business to verify each account, so it can ensure that customers contact verified companies.
WhatsApp business messaging is a very powerful and influential communication platform that can help companies establish contact with customers. Marketers can consider using WhatsApp as part of a marketing tool to maintain a seamless customer service experience, thereby adding value to the customer’s journey.