As new technologies emerge on a daily basis, they greatly simplify our lives. Almost everyone has begun to incorporate them into their daily lives. A mobile phone is an example of this. We have developed a mobile addiction. We pick up our phones and satisfy our wants with a few clicks, whether it’s for meeting our daily necessities, ticket booking, payment transfer, or whatever else we need.The Mobile App Development industry has developed at rapid speed and so, we can say that smartphone apps have become an indispensable part of our life, and all we have to do now is put apps on them to achieve our goals.
Do you know, it’s not challenging to develop an app, and it’s just as easy to create just like we use it. You just need the proper guidance and programming language, and you are good to go.
Best Programming Language For Android App DevelopmentAlthough Kotlin is the most popular programming language nowadays, you may design an Android app in a variety of languages. Let’s look at the details below to see if they may help you make an informed decision about which programming language to choose.
Table of Content:
1. JavaJava was the official language for Android app development (though, as you may have noticed, Kotlin has since supplanted it), and as a result, it is the most often used language.
Apps on the Play Store are mostly written in Java. Furthermore, Java is Google’s most popular programming language. Furthermore, in the event of any problems, this programming language has a unique online community for the greatest support.
Beginners may find Java challenging to use since it covers a wide range of subjects, including null pointer exceptions, constructors, checked exceptions, concurrency, and more. Furthermore, the Android Software Development Kit (SDK) increases the level of difficulty.
Overall, Java is the finest language for creating Android applications. Beginners should start with something simpler than Java and work their way up to it, as it may appear complex at first.
Advantages :1. It’s simple to learn since it’s easy to use, develop, debug, and compile compared to other mobile programming languages.
2. Since Java is object-oriented, users can create modular programmes and reuse code.
3. The most significant advantage of Java is that it is platform-independent. It may be readily transferred from one computer system to another.
4. Java is the most popular language for providing global Internet solutions due to its ease of use, robustness, security features, and cross-platform capabilities.
5. By avoiding explicit pointers, Java is a secure language that reduces security dangers and risks.
6. It is cost-effective to maintain. Java programmes can be developed and supported at a low cost.
Disadvantages :1. It has poor and slow performance, and it uses more memory and is slower than other native languages like C and C++. Its performance is additionally slowed by the JVM’s additional layer of abstraction and intricacy.
2. Java does not include a backup feature, and it focuses mostly on storage rather than data backup.
3. In comparison to other languages, it requires a lot of memory. The performance and memory efficiency of the system may be negatively impacted during garbage collection.
4. Java’s code is difficult to comprehend and understand since it contains many words and complex and long sentences.
2. KotlinKotlin was certified an official language for Android app development by Google in 2019. Hence why a Mobile Application Development Company would most probably go for that option. It is a cross-platform programming language that can be used instead of Java. In 2017, it was made a secondary ‘official’ Java language. Kotlin is a Java-like language that runs on the Java Virtual Machine.
The sole difference between these two programming languages is that Kotlin removes some of Java’s superfluous features, such as null pointer exceptions. It also eliminates the need for a semicolon at the end of each line.
In essence, compared to Java, Kotlin is a more beginner-friendly programming language. In Android application development, Kotlin can be used as a “entry point.”
Advantages1. Kotlin is simple to keep up with. Most IDEs on the market support Kotlin, which helps to boost productivity by removing the need for developers to learn a new IDE.
2. Since it is a 100% compatible programming language, professional Android app developers can easily migrate from Java to Kotlin.
3. Kotlin is a clean and concise programming language, thanks to its clear syntax, which helps teams work more efficiently.
4. It’s more dependable. Kotlin had gone through numerous Alpha and Beta tests since its inception before JetBrains released the final public version.
Disadvantages :1. Kotlin is faster than Java in a variety of situations. When it comes to generating a clean build for Android applications, though, Java wins the race.
2. However, more developers are moving to Kotlin every day; however, there are currently limited resources accessible to learn and master Kotlin.
3. The popularity of Kotlin is growing, especially after Google named it the best programming language for developing Android apps. Despite this, there are less Kotlin developers than Java professionals on the market.
4. Although Kotlin and Java are comparable, migrating from Java to Kotlin takes time since developers require extra time to become acquainted with it.
3. C++C++ can be used to construct android apps using the Android Native Development Kit (NDK). The NDK is used to implement the app’s sections in C++ native code, even if you can’t write an app entirely in C++. This makes it easier to use C++ code libraries in the programme when necessary.
C++ is the greatest language for developing Android apps, but it’s difficult to set up and less flexible, resulting in more errors as a result of the increased complexity. As a result, many choose Java over C++ since it provides more benefits.
Advantages1. C++ was the first object-oriented programming language; treating data as an object makes it easier to sort. This feature also states that ideas such as data abstraction, classes, and polymorphism allow for code reuse, saving the programmer time and allowing for seamless code processing.
2. Since C++ is a portable programming language, it can be used to run the same programme on other interfaces or operating systems, regardless of the programming language used.
3. C++’s style is a multi-paradigm that outlines how the program’s method and structure work and specifies that you can create code in a variety of ways.
4. C++ can be used for low-level manipulation because C is a low-level programming language.
5. Since C++ is so adaptable, it has a high level of scalability and can run on both big and small scales.
Disadvantages :1. Using C++ opens up a slew of security vulnerabilities, including friend functions, pointers, and global variables.
2. When compared to other simple languages, people believe C++ to be somewhat difficult to learn.
3. C++ has the severe drawback of requiring manual memory management since it lacks a garbage collector that can automatically filter out superfluous data.
4. Pointers in C++ can be difficult to grasp, and misusing them might cause your system to crash.
5. For beginners, C++ may be difficult to grasp because it is an object-oriented programming language that requires practise to master.
4. C#A programming language that is similar to Java can be a good choice for designing Android apps. Garbage collection is implemented in Java, therefore there are fewer chances of memory leaks. C# is likewise an object-oriented language with a more clear and cleaner grammar than Java.
The most important limitation of C# in the past was that it was only capable of running on Windows systems due to the use of the.NET framework. However, Xamarin was created to address this problem. This programming language can be used to create desktop programmes, online apps, games, and mobile apps, among other things.
Advantages1. C# has always been based on the OOP ideas. OOP collects data into objects, making it easier to split down the software into smaller chunks that are easier to develop, maintain, and integrate.
2. C# is a high-level language because its grammar resembles that of human language. To work with C#, developers must comprehend and manage the basic syntax.
3. The C# programming language is related to the C programming language family. While learning C# isn’t necessary, you’ll find it easier to learn C, C++, or Java because they share comparable programming principles and grammar.
4. Memory allocation management is one of the most important jobs for maintaining the app’s performance. C# comes with a built-in garbage collector to help with this. A garbage collector is a memory management that automatically frees memory and keeps track of unused objects.
5. C# is type-safe, which means that a variant can’t change its type in the middle of a programme. Type safety assures that the variable behaves reliably and that all operations are only available if the type matches.
Disadvantages :1. As we’ve seen, C# is largely reliant on.NET resources in order to function on many operating systems and platforms. However, if you don’t use.NET as your primary technology stack, it isn’t as flexible as you might anticipate.
2. C# is not the most user-friendly programming language, and the addition of.NET adds to the complexity, as.NET libraries are frequently updated. To get your desired C# programming language results, you will need to learn a variety of resources.
3. Low-level tasks, such as communicating directly with the hardware via firmware and drivers, would be impossible for a programmer to complete.
4. It lacks an independent compiler capable of translating the highest language levels to a pure assembler’s fundamental hardware architecture.
5. PythonPython is a popular programming language because it is a high-level, general-purpose language. It’s great for beginners and expert programmers, and it’s utilised in web development and machine learning app development. It’s easy to read, contains fewer syntactical structures, and uses English terms.
You can also use Python for task automation, data visualizations, and data analysis. As it’s comparatively easy to learn, it has been adopted by various non-programmers also for meeting varied routine tasks, such as finances and organizing.
Advantages1. Python is processed by the interpreter at runtime. It’s comparable to PHP and PERL in that you don’t have to compile your application before running it.
2. This programming language supports programming approaches such as Object-Oriented programming, which encapsulates code within objects.
3. To write your programmes, you can sit at a Python prompt and interact directly with the interpreter.
4. Python is a great language for novices since it allows you to create a wide range of apps, from simple text processing to web browsers and games.
5. Python is simple to use with C, C++, COBRA, COM, Java, and ActiveX.
Disadvantages :1. Python code is run line by line, which results in delayed execution.
2. Python is an excellent server-side programming language that is rarely used on the client side. Apart from that, it’s unusual that you’ll be able to use it to create smartphone apps. So, despite its presence, Brython is unpopular due to its lack of security.
3. In comparison to more common technologies like ODBC (Open DataBase Connectivity) and JDBC, Python’s database access layers need to be fully developed (Java DataBase Connectivity). As a result, it is rarely used in large corporations.
3. For beginners, HTML is simple to write, code, and study.
4. HTML is also becoming more popular for data storage.
5. CSS is relatively straightforward to grasp and is used on a regular basis across a variety of websites.
6. Cascading Style Sheets are less complicated, which means they take less time to learn and comprehend.
3. Since HTML is a static language, dynamic results are not possible.
4. HTML mistakes can be quite costly and it has a low level of security.
5. Cross-browser compatibility concerns may arise while using CSS.
6. Beginners and non-developers may be perplexed by CSS due to a variety of reasons.
ConclusionYou can proceed with your plan and best choice for Android app development after reviewing the list of top programming languages on the market.
The programming languages available on the Play Store are used to create a variety of apps. There is no such thing as the “proper language” for developing Android apps, and you must examine the core preferences and aims of your project.
Above all, make sure that whichever programming language you choose will enhance your competency and skill set, allowing you to advance as an Android developer.
Digitalfren is a Mobile Application Development Company in Malaysia amongst other services that we provide, we aim to be the best at Mobile Application Development. If you’re looking for a Mobile App Company in Selangor, Digitalfren is the best option for you.
Join us and be apart of the creative process of developing your very own mobile application for your business today.