Augmented Reality is currently a huge technology trend, and its usage is evolving with increasing demand for AR ready smartphones. Easy access to your smart device. In fact, the mobile Augmented Reality App Development Services market is growing rapidly. Augmented reality allows users to experience the real environment. This technology enhances real-world objects through computer-generated perceptual information. This technology focuses primarily on the representation of objects in the form of electronic data, as well as the overlay of digital components on the actual perception of humans.
AR enables this real-world experience by integrating immersiveness. In simple words, Augmented Reality is basically the standard way to create a real-world composite view. Technologies such as overlay images and computer-generated images are used in AR to enhance real-world images.
The 4 Parts of Augmented Reality Applications
1. Marker-Based Augmented RealityMarker-based AR is additionally known as recognition-based AR. This type of AR provides accurate information about the objects discovered by the AR system. Marker-based AR offers multiple uses on the market for a variety of purposes. It recognizes an object placed in front of the camera and provides the exact details of that object on the screen.
2. Markerless Augmented RealityThis type of AR-based application is one of the most implemented apps in the industry. This is also known as location-based AR. It implements a feature in your app that provides location detection. The travel industry is making the most of such apps. In addition, people are even more fascinated by the development of mobile travel apps to discover locations near their current location.
This method works by reading the mobile phone’s GPS data, accelerometer, and digital compass while predicting the user’s focus. This type of app is primarily focused on providing location information about objects placed in front of the user’s camera.
3. Projection Augmented RealityThis is the most minimalist type of AR technology that works by projecting light onto the surface. Interactive and engaging projection AR focuses on creating the illusion of object orientation, depth, and position. Users can explore the structure and depth by examining different objects. This technology is widely used to create deployments of huge virtual reality experiences.
4. Superimposition Based Augmented RealityThe world itself is evidence of object superposition. This AR provides an alternate view of the focused object. The program works by replacing the partial or full view of an object with an expanded view. Object recognition plays an important role here.
Top 5 Augmented Reality Trends for 2021
1. AR-Powered Art ExhibitsIt provides users with an expanded view and understanding of the artifacts on display through the Museum’s AR app.
2. AR in Automotive & ManufacturingThe automotive industry uses it to streamline prototyping and optimize the automotive manufacturing and assembly processes.
3. Use of AR in Social MediaVarious filters, lenses, and effects on social media platforms are the result of augmented reality. Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Snapchat, and many other social media platforms use the power of AR to enhance user interaction.
4. AR Indoor NavigationIndoor navigation helps users find the shortest possible route to a particular area or destination.
5. AR AvatarsAR Avatars can be considered a digital persona of yourself that allows you to share expressions and emotions as well.
Industries Leveraging The Power of Augmented Reality
1. AR for Smart GlassesThe smart glasses provide users with both comfort and a fashionable look. We may offer augmented reality experiences and affordable products. This is one of the proven innovations that support many industries, especially retail.
2. AR-Aided EducationAR has changed the way educational content is delivered. Especially for children, it changed their imagination and development. Successful apps like Google Sky Map are great for learning astronomy. This allows students to place the device’s camera in the sky and move it in any direction.
The app will automatically display the stars and constellations. Another A Raided Education App is Elements 4D developed by DAQRI. This app helps students learn chemistry better. A custom educational app development service using AR simplifies the learning process.
3. AR in Live EventsMany music bands have live shows for their fans. Thanks to augmented reality that helps viewers see live performances of their favourite music bands. Bands can record live performances using the green screen. The recording can be viewed with the AR compatible app on your smartphone. On the other hand, VR allows you to virtually attend a concert, and AR provides a concert to your personal smart device.
4. Travel & TourismLocal and international travelers also benefit from the AR feature. The travel and tourism industry provides accurate information about regions and locations. The Tour & Travel AR application allows users to post a specific location and the AR feature handles the details of that location. Such apps serve as a guide for travelers traveling to new locations.
5. AR in GamingThe gaming industry has reached the pinnacle of success with AR technology. The most famous innovation in AR in games is Pokemon Go. By implementing AR in the game app, the user experience has improved and the game experience has become more enjoyable. In addition, the Arbased app can be seen in real sports such as the NBA and FIFA. This allows fans to see statistics and analyze players during the game. The sports industry is additionally looking forward to the best sports app development services at a rapid pace.
Business Giants Already Utilizing the Benefits of AR
1. IKEAIKEA is known for its affordable furniture retail business. The brand uses an AR app to help online shoppers imagine what a product will look like when placed at home. AR helps shoppers streamline their journey and see if the furniture they choose fits in their living space. This allows customers to have a seamless shopping experience with just a few clicks.
2. LacosteLacoste is a French sportswear agency that has successfully combined 3D product scanning capabilities with A Raided applications. With this app, buyers can place their foot in the designated AR graphic area and inspect their smartphone. Shows individual images of the show, depending on the size of the customer’s feet. Customers will know what it looks like. This app not only enhances the retail and consumer experience, but also optimizes the cost of retail staff.
3. MTVRecently, MTV released an AR application for viewers watching from home at the EMA Music Awards Show, which is regulated in London. This allows you to view custom MTV animations and graphics that are relevant to your particular performance. This app provides viewers with AR-enabled 3D rendered objects.
How Can Small Businesses Harness the Effectiveness of Augmented Reality?
1. Using AR to Get More CustomersIt is the goal of all companies to get the utmost attention and increase the number of potential customers. From food to healthcare, sports to on-demand services, businesses are investing in digital solutions to drive maximum traffic. Among all digital solutions, AR offers businesses an outstanding opportunity to help their customers buy a TryandBuy virtual experience. This makes retailing easier without having to go to a physical store.
2. Personalizing ProductsWith AR, consumers can personalize their shopping experience. The AR app allows customers to personalize their products to their liking with images and videos. It helps them make more informed purchase decisions. With the advent of such unique AR functions, companies will be able to operate more professionally and competitively. AR app development supports maximizing customer retention and creates a loyal customer base.
3. Offering Instant Product InformationAnother approach to AR technology is to help small businesses. We provide immediate and accurate information about our products. This allows customers to use their smartphones to virtually scan products on shelves for quick, fact-based information about their products. This helps them make the right purchase decision.
4. Providing a Virtual ExperienceAR provides end users with an immersive, futuristic virtual experience that facilitates enterprise services. Take the example of a construction company or interior design agency that uses AR technology to guide clients to a 3D walkthrough. Customers can see if their home looks like a home remodeling or interior design.
5. Augmented Reality for AdvertisingThe MSME benefits from high-profile advertising. AR ads can attract customer attention through videos and realistic sound effects. Companies of all industries and sizes can use AR technology to make their advertising campaigns successful.
How to Develop an Augmented Reality App for Your Business?Participating in new innovations may seem scary at first. However, breaking the development process into consumables and taking small steps makes it easier to learn the latest technology. Here are some steps you need to consider when developing a mobile AR app:
1. Optimize your proof of concept mobile app to grow your business further.
2.Explore a variety of existing SDKs and AR app development platforms.
3. Develop a 2D tracker.
4. Create a unique design and make all the required text files, data, 3D models, and pictures.
5. Put all the elements together on your preferred app development platform.
It’s safe to say that augmented reality is an additional layer of reality. It doesn’t remove the real world, but it adds add-ons. Undoubtedly, it’s a great opportunity for businesses. Remember that when developing this immersive, fun, and augmented version of reality to find the best possible Augmented Reality App Development Company which will in return become a smart investment plan for businesses.
Are you planning on developing an Augmented Reality App of your own? Join Us at Digitalfren where we have the expertise you need to create your very own Augmented Reality App.